Last week we asked, “Who is God for you?” This week, let’s determine if the image you have of God is still current. Are there upgrades in your perception waiting to be accessed? Does God have something more that He wants you to see? Use these activation questions to help develop your picture of God.
- What is your current picture of God? Write it down in 4-6 sentences.
- How long have you had this image? Is it time for an upgrade?
- Is your image biblical? Can you put scripture(s) alongside it? Do so!
- What do you need to change?
- What do you need God to be for you in this current season?
- Sit quietly, relax and ask the Holy Spirit to give you a vision of God for this next season. Keep persevering until the whole picture emerges and your faith begins to rise and worship flows.
- What scripture can support this image?
- What is the Spirit saying to you through this picture and the Word?
- Can you become this image of God to the people around you? What must change in you?
- Now keep this picture alive and praise through worship!
If you are interested in sharing what you learned through this process, please share your story at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes hearing someone else’s story is just the revelation someone else needs for the next step in their journey. For a more in-depth look at who God wants to be for you in this season and the next, check out The Nature of God journal, available at Brilliant Book House.